AT A GLANCE
Very close to Balos lagoon and Falassarna beach Magnificent panoramic views of the Kissamos bay Authentic Cretan charming village with tavernas and locals Peaceful and stress-free location away from the cities Ideal to discover west Crete and all its attractions, for leisure guests Walking distance to cafés and restaurants, just 50 metres awayEasy access to the towns of Kissamos and Chania
Kaliviani Traditional Hotel is perfectly located at the tip of cape Gramvousa and its convenient location makes it an excellent choice for your accommodation in Kaliviani.
The hotel is located just 3 minutes drive away (1 Kilometre) from the beach and the port of Kastelli, 5 minutes drive away (5 kilometers) from the Kissamos town, 10 minutes drive away of the well known beach of Falassarna, 20 minutes drive away to reach the popular Balos lagoon (9 Kilometres) and 50 minutes drive away of the Elafonisi beach (48 Kilometres).
The guests will find cafés and taverns serving Cretan dishes within a short walk from the hotel.
Kaliviani is in the geographical center of the west coast of Crete, this “strategic” position as well as the proximity to the towns of Chania (35 minutes) and Kissamos has served most of the guests as a perfect base point for exploring all the regional attractions at west Crete.
Hotel Kaliviani is perfectly located between the 3 most popular beaches of the island.
A panorama which is distinguished on Gramvousa peninsula is Balos Lagoon with the astonishing colors of its waters with all the shades of blue and green. Over the Balos Lagoon, the sun sinks slowly on the steep side slope of the peninsula of the Gramvousa, creating one of the most spectacular sun set. The hotel is located at the starting point to reach the lagoon of Balos.
One of the island’s most beautiful beaches, Elafonisi, is located on the southwest of Crete. Elafonisi is a piece of paradise. The island is very close to the beach and you can reach it on foot. Around you can find many taverns for your lunch, also on the beach you will find cantinas for refreshments and snacks.
Another well known beach lies in northwest Crete, Falassarna is considered to be one of the most beautiful and long beaches of the island. Along Falassarna beach there are many cantinas, umbrellas and other services. The beach has thick white sand with turquoise crystal waters, and the most beautiful sunsets in the island of Crete.
Nearby Kaliviani Traditional Hotel are many places you can visit on foot or by car to admire the wild beauty. The variations of nature, animals, birds and water make a great picture that is worth to walk around them. You will find many beautiful vast sand beaches, clear blue sea and unique landscapes.
As the hotel is not located in the centre of a town we suggest you to rent a car, which will make easier your transfers at the surrounding attractions.
From Chania airport.
- Take the national road E 75/65 Chania-Kissamos with a direction to the west from Chania.
- After 38 Km and when you reaching Kissamos just go past it for another 2 km to the west of Crete.
- At that point you should see Kissamos port (Kavonisi) on your right. From there on you can follow the signs to the hotel.
- Drive another 2 km after the port and take a right turning at the signs to Kaliviani village or Kaliviani traditional rooms and then a left turning about 50 m away.
- That road will lead you directly to the hotel.
- Entering the village, follow the sings, Kaliviani traditional rooms, which will direct you to the guest house.
Google map directions from Chania Airport
Note: Parking is on the road outside the hotel.
Latitude: 35.512261 Longitude: 23.608
- Balos Lagoon refrain 9 Km
- Falassarna beach refrain 8 km
- Elafonisi beach refrain 48 km
- Kissamos town refrain 5 Km
- Kissamos port refrain 2 Km
- Chania town refrain 38 km
- Palaiochora refrain 48 km
- Port of Souda (Chania) refrain 49 km
- International airport Chania refrain 62 km
- International airport Heraklion refrain 180 km
HOW TO GET HERE